Friday 8 May 2009

B R O M P T O N

Normally I just Want a Ride . But with the Brompton it was Love at first sight . ..! Naked Covetousness anyway after seeing their Website and being
Seduced by the simple folding animation .
I HAD TO HAVE ONE ...!
Now I could arrive to Town on the same Contraption that I was currently carrying in my Hand .
When I go to the Cinema I could take it in with me and not worry about my Well locked Bicycle outside at the mercy of Thieves and other locksmiths .
No TAX , No Insurance , No midriff... Well not after all that cycling .
Finally, after some time, I purchased one in Ken Fosters Bicycles , Manchester ( trading in the Road bike I had used in Staffordshire ) .
And for the Last 6 month Contract in Mayo I cycled a 16 mile round trip every day, Rain or Shine , with never a moments bother .
Of course the Brompton turns Heads and you get alot of Wry smiles . I got very used to Fielding Questions of the " Is that a Bicycle ? " kind .
Telling impressed locals that they should see the Helicopter !
They are heavy to carry . Sometimes I miss the extra power the larger 27 inch wheel gives you .
But Overall . Bromptons Rule .

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Dublin, Ireland
A blog on Cartooning - Caricatures,Political Cartoons etc. Photography ( Wildlife etc.) Cycling,Mountaineering, Stonemasonary ,Geology , History , Music and the other Idle Pursuits of Aidan Cooney.

Blog Archive

WELCOME to COONEYTOONS the on-line Blog of Artist
Aidan Cooney .

Search This Blog