Tuesday 20 July 2010

Early Editorial Cartoons 1990's













Leaving College ( D.I.T) in the early 1990's my intention was to work in Animation which I did for a while ...!
However any Career plans were
cast aside when I started to draw Editorial Cartoons largely for the Irish Independent group !
After finding one and then two interested Sub- Editors I found my work sitting alongside Articles by
Veronica Guerin ,John Cooney, Bruce Arnold and even the late Conor Cruise O Brien .
Here is just a few of them . Some of them Notable . Remember Gorbachev and the Fall of the U.S.SR ,The Gulf War in 1991 ,Saddam ,Early days of the Peace Process ,The X case , Mad Cow Disease ,Further European Union and so on .

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Dublin, Ireland
A blog on Cartooning - Caricatures,Political Cartoons etc. Photography ( Wildlife etc.) Cycling,Mountaineering, Stonemasonary ,Geology , History , Music and the other Idle Pursuits of Aidan Cooney.

Blog Archive

WELCOME to COONEYTOONS the on-line Blog of Artist
Aidan Cooney .

Search This Blog